Monday 1 February 2021

Iselia


Iselia are a six-piece post-hardcore/screamo band from North Carolina that began in 2010. I think their line-up has been whittled down to a four-piece since then, but can't be 100% sure. What I can be sure of is this band should have been peak "Sophie" circa 2012-2014, and one of many, many bands I look back on and can't believe I missed out on a post then. Admittedly, what is perhaps their magnum opus Life From Dead Limbs I have not revisited in years, but going back it's still hard-hitting and bittersweet to reminiscence in the burgeoning of bands such as Iselia, State Faults, I Create, Maths, and Calculator that blurred the lines between post-hardcore, emo, and post-rock to bring "screamo" into the 2010s. I highly recommend all their material, as I think they've become a little underrated as the years have dragged on, but the aforementioned Life From Dead Limbs is an absolute must.

These were on constant repeat back then, so I figured there was no better band to introduce what I have arbitrarily dubbed "screamo month" on Sophie's Floorboard, where I catch up on a bunch of bands that should have already been here. Read into that with a grain of salt, as it's just what I conjured up realizing I've got about 4-5 bands coming this month that should have been day one additions, as well as our ceremonial Feb 14th dour session. Enjoy.

1. Restless
2. At Day's Close
3. These Roots, These Branches

1. First Seed
2. Last Leaf
3. These Roots, These Branches
4. Dead Limbs
5. Assurance, Uphold
6. Homeland
7. Restless
8. At Day's Close
9. Great Kharlan
10. Roadside
11. Restless Acoustic

Foxes/Iselia (2012)
1. Foxes - Crawl
2. Foxes - Hollow Nest
3. Foxes - Withered Eyes Through A Fractured Pane
4. Iselia - Revenant
5. Iselia - Collective
6. Standstill

1. World In Discord
2. Troubled Hearts
3. Footfalls
4. Light and Darkness
5. Truth Behind The Mask
6. Dark Premonition
7. Reawakened Memories
8. Eternal Bond

1. First Strike
2. Brave Vesperia

No comments:

Post a Comment