Thursday 2 March 2023

I Wish I


I Wish I are a four-piece emo/post-hardcore band from San Diego, California that formed in 1995. They took their name from an Embrace song, so it's not too surprising to here a ton of influence from DC bands including Fugazi, Rites of Spring, and Jawbox. Following two full-lengths and a ton of touring, they originally disbanded sometime around 1997. The band reformed in 2012, putting out a brand new full-length on Dim Mak Records back in 2013. Sonically, they definitely maintain their roots, but bring in some more classic rock influence, which is hard to explain but readily apparent when listening to it. Regardless, definitely check this out, especially Drop In Standing if you're a fan of bands like Texas Is The Reason. Enjoy.

1. Summer
2. Overrated
3. Drop In Standing
4. Eight
5. Faster Than dancing
6. Driving The Stake
7. Replay
8. Cardenas
9. Lost
10. Days Past

1. One Hundred Words For Snow - Backseat Driver
2. I Wish I - Mourning A Third Day

1. Social Butterfly
2. Rosemary
3. Let You Know
4. F°
5. Blessed And Delivered
6. Headlong
7. Portrait of Dorian Gray

1. Sanctified
2. Ideoglossia
3. Ratracer
4. Flower Walls
5. Estrellas
6. Can You Believe
7. My Telepathy
8. Awakening
9. Convolutions
10. Mirror Mirror
11. Hello Sailor (Radio Edit)
12. OREI
13. Hello Sailor

No comments:

Post a Comment