Friday 24 December 2021

Best Of 2021

Another year end, another 50 albums to wrap up the past 12 months. The following are some of the albums that stood out to me most this year. This is not an objective "best of" list, just a few favourites in relative order, nothing to take too seriously. I've included a playlist below of every album listed here, as well as one with a select song from each. The songs chosen are just ones I think are good representations of their respectable albums. There's no links to these for obvious copyright reasons, though some are available on the band's respective posts if you want to check them out.

Please let me know what some of your favourites were from 2021, I'm curious to know what you've been spending the last year with. I say it every year, but thank you for continuing to come over to this blog. It's almost 10 years old, and it's hard to comprehend that there's still any interest in this thing. So thank you again, Merry Christmas, and I've got one more post to go before the years closes. Enjoy.

Honourable Mentions
Spectral Wound - A Diabolical Thirst
I Feel Fine - The Cold In Every Shelter
Scowl - How Flowers Grow
Tenue - Territorios
Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

50. Regional Justice Center - Crime And Punishment


49. Full Of Hell - Garden Of Burning Apparitions


48. Thirdface - Do It With A Smile


47. Stars Hollow - I Want To Live My Life


46. Supine - No Altar For The Company Man


45. Deafheaven - Infinite Granite


44. Dean Blunt - Black Magic 2


43. The Antlers - Green To Gold


42. Pupil Slicer - Mirrors


41. Godspeed You! Black Emperor - G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END!


40. For Your Health - In Spite Of


39. Portrayal Of Guilt - Christfucker


38. Portrayal Of Guilt - We Are Always Alone


37. Suffocate For Fuck Sake - Fyra


36. The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die - Illusory Walls


35. Dry Cleaning - New Long Leg


34. Shame - Drunk Tank Pink


33. Big Red Machine - How Long Do You Think It's Gonna Last?


32. Foxing - Draw Down The Moon


31. The War On Drugs - I Don't Live Here Anymore


30. Julien Baker - Little Oblivions


29. the Mountain Goats - Dark In Here


28. Converge & Chealsea Wolfe - Bloodmoon: I


27. One Step Closer - This Place You Know


26. Iceage - Seek Shelter


25. Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over The Country Club


24. Black Country, New Road - For The First Time


23. Vince Staples - Vince Staples


22. St. Vincent - Daddy's Home


21. Kanye West - Donda


20. Idles - Crawler


19. Tigers Jaw - I Won't Care How You Remember Me


18. The Hold Steady - Open Door Policy


17. Dreamwell - Modern Grotesque


16. Home Is Where - I Became Birds


15. Brockhampton - Roadrunner: New Light, New Machine


14. James Blake - Friends That Break Your Heart


13. Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost


12. Sufjan Stevens & Angelo De Augustine - A Beginner's Mind


11. JPEGMAFIA - LP!


10. The Dirty Nil - Fuck Art


9. Backxwash - I Lie Here Buried With My Rings And My Dresses


8. Really From - Really From


7. Black Midi - Cavalcade


6. Fiddlehead - Between The Richness


5. Lucy Dacus - Home Video


4. Turnstile - Glow On


3. The Armed - Ultrapop


2. Low - Hey What


1. Porter Robinson - Nurture

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for another year of recommending and sharing such good music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You.

    PD: merry christmas, kevin :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. great list and great blog. you had quite a few of my favorites like PoG, Low, Fiddlehead etc. I also liked New Grass, Kowloon Walled City, and a few more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that Armed record should be getting more love from other blogsters. It's fucking amazing.

    The Godspeed record is pretty good, but not mind blowing like "Life your Skinny Fists..." or "Moya".

    Also, I hated the Deafheaven record on first listen but now it's firmly in my top-10. They out-Alcested Alcest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new Tigers Jaw album was exciting to see this year, although it was just an extension of "Spin," imo. Nice to see Low still releases good records. Enjoy the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely list as always, only one really missing imo is the new Black Sheep Wall record, my fave of the year and an absolutely devastating listen.

    Thanks as always for the great recommendations, you are an absolute gem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ������

    ReplyDelete