Sunday 15 January 2017

Bay Faction


A few people mentioned this band in the chatbox thing, so I figured I'd check them out, and holy shit you guys were right. The band I'm talking about is Bay Fiction, a three-piece indie/emo outfit from Boston, Massachusetts. The first thing I have to mention is the songwriting. Even upon the first listen, their lyrics and vocal melodies stick out. They're very unique, and manage to walk the line between catchy and detailed. On top of the songs, the band's instrumental work is astounding. They utilize a very clean guitar tone which a healthy amount of reverb, and primarily work with jazz chords. The bass and drums come up with some cool grooves, which just adds to the awesome that is this band. I think the best thing to do is just listen to this shit, you'll see what I mean. Thanks to the few people who mentioned this, and I definitely suggest others try this band as well. Enjoy.

1. Stagnant
2. The Hamptons
3. Indicalifornia
4. Jasper
5. Sasquatch

1. Bloody Nose
2. Captive Cows
3. Cutter
4. Coyote
5. Sasquatch
6. Beach Book
7. Casting Couch
8. Jasper Wildlife Assoc.

5 comments: