Tuesday 18 August 2020

Majority Rule

Majority Rule are a three-piece screamo/hardcore band from Northern Virginia that began in 1996 and broke up in 2004. They have since reunited for shows in 2017 and 2019. I figured for my first post in a while I had to share a band this blog has been severely lacking for years. Majority Rule are quinessential Virginia hardcore, and defined the screamo scene there to do this day. Along with pg.99 and City of Caterpillar (bands that had close associations with), Majority Rule is a must-listen. Interviews With David Frost and the pg.99 split are probably the best jumping off points, but it's all solid stuff. I'm also missing a few things, mainly the Half The Battle album, as well as splits with Positive State and Turbine, so if anyone has those please let me know. Enjoy!

1. I Need More
2. Second Chair Baritone

1. At 3am
2. Progress of Elimination
3. Xoxo
4. Now Breathe

1. The Blackout Terror - Ted Nugent Is A Fucking Dickhead/For Pat
2. Majority Rule - Untitled

1. The Sin In Grey
2. At 3 A.M.
3. Burial Suit
4. XOXO
5. Progress Of Elimination
6. Endings
7. Kill The Cheat

1. pg.99 - Friendship
2. pg. 99 - Tantrum
3. pg.99 - Richmond Is A Hole 
4. pg.99 - Faces Sunken By Letting Go
5. pg.99 - Virginia
6. Majority Rule - Not In My Name
7. Majority Rule - These Hands
8. Majority Rule - My Version Of Paris
9. Majority Rule - Packaged Poison

1. A Prescription
2. Too Late
3. American Feature
4. Are Forever (Instrumental)
5. 49 Words
6. Boeing

7 comments:

  1. no idea how i've never heard these guys. awesome stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you're going to take three months off from blogging, this is a good way to return. There's no explaining what a fucking powerhouse these folks were, especially starting with that Blackout Terror split. I must have seen them a dozen or more times from 2000 on, with the highlights being a show they played with Cro-Mags, pageninetynine, and Most Precious Blood. Weird lineup, but whatever. The post-MajRule band NØ MAN has their first LP come out next week; if you like this, you'll probably like NØ MAN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for posting this, classic stuff. one of the best bands in the genre imo, Interviews is probably one of my favorite records of all time, emergency is amazing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think one of those splits is on my OMSB post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw them in Atlanta late 90's or so. But these folks came through Portland OR with PG 99 last year, and the show was AMAZING!!! Great music, and cheers for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture isn't of MajRule, though. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy shit I had no idea Nø Man is Majority Rule. I'm fuckin dumbfounded right now.

    ReplyDelete