Sunday 31 May 2020

Taking Meds


Taking Meds are a four-piece post-hardcore band from Rochester, New York that began in 2012. They were formed by members of Such Gold, and though the pop punk influence does peak through in their sound, they are far more rooted in the 90's throwback amalgamation of post-hardcore, math rock, and straight up hardcore punk. Their most notable release, I Hate Me was released in 2019, and features a wide array of sounds the band experiments, which can perhaps best be surmised by the phrase "catchy dissonance", though that doesn't quite capture the record's diverse offerings. Enjoy.

1. Summer Of Down
2. Jim Jones
3. The Biesel Blues

1. Roller Coaster (blink-182 cover)

1. Taking Meds
2. I Only Want To Listen To My Own Band
3. Hole In Hand
4. Crash In My Place
5. Blue Shirt Boogie
6. Comfort In Poor Planning
7. Busy Schedule
8. County Border Bars

1. My Moon Is Always Full
2. Discount Furniture
3. Summer Of Down (Acoustic Version)
4. I Miss You (Blink-182 Cover?)

1. There's No Way
2. Stealing Is Healing

1. Big Fish
2. I Hate Me
3. Stranger Who Stares
4. The Problem
5. There's No Way
6. I Hate You
7. Lifer
8. Tough Guy
9. Somebody's Gotta Hold Me
10. Inseverable

6 comments:

  1. Do Heart Attack Man!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see Pinback covered. Love the amazing work you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I hope you are well, could you please upload a band called "Slyrydes"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for finally getting rid of the chat box <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. i played a show with them in Southpaw Sonata's practice space at their house in Austin, Texas. these guys are great.

    ReplyDelete