Wednesday 17 May 2023

Praise

Photo by: Farrah Skeiky

Praise are a five-piece melodic hardcore band from Baltimore, Maryland that formed in 2009. Thus far, they've released three full-lengths and a handful of EP's, mostly through React! Records and their latest LP through Revelation. I just have to say, I have been sorely missing on this band for years now. This is so up my alley that I'm kicking myself for not having checked them out sooner. In the most basic terms, they pay homage to the huge, bright distorted and chorus-laden work of Hüsker Dü with heavy influence from DC acts such as Embrace, Dag Nasty and One Last Wish that first incorporated melodic elements into hardcore. It's an incredible blend that still manages to sound truly modern, with some top-tier musicianship to boot. That's unsurprising, given that this band includes members of Turnstile, Angel Du$t, Mindset, Give, and a ton of other incredible projects. I cannot recommend this enough, I highly, highly suggest checking it out if you're as late to the punch on this as I am. Enjoy.

1. Caught In A Cycle
2. I Believe
3. Peace Is The Solution
4. Healing

1. Afraid To Ask
2. Autumn

1. Accept
2.Safe Place
3. Lights Went Out
4. To Be Me
5. Reach Deep
6. Write It Down
7. Give Me The Pain
8. Afraid To Ask
9. Restless Minds
10. Weight

1. Makes No Sense
2. Crash Into My Life
3. Settle Down
4. Leave It All Behind
5. Song For You
6. Walk To The Edge
7. We All Fall Down

1. All In A Dream
2. Return To Life
3. Hotline To Memory
4. Suddenly Human
5. Peace Of Mine
6. Limited Sense Of Possibility
7. Eyes In The Dark
8. Life Unknown
9. Keep Hanging On

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, all in a dream is bloody gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for still posting! <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. all in a dream is a tasty record. thank you as always for the FFO comparisons

    ReplyDelete