Wednesday 16 December 2020

Look Mexico

Look Mexico are a five-piece (originally four-piece) indie/math rock/emo band from Tallahassee, Florida that began in 2004. They've been very consistent for such a long-running band, and were slightly ahead of their time musically. They were playing with very clean, complex math-y guitar bits early on, that tends to fall into both emo and math rock camps. As a good pinpoint, they bridge the gap between Ghosts And Vodka and TTNG. Particularly their early EP's and debut album This Is Animal Music, which are often painfully overlooked. They've been fairly consistent since then, with two solid albums, the latest of which came out in 2016 on Tiny Engines. I think anyone into the early emo revival stuff will undoubtedly dig this band, if they haven't heard them already. Enjoy.

1. Comin' In Hot With A Side Of Bacon
2. Whose Ship Is This
3. I Had A Wrench...
4. Me And My Dad Built Her
5. Oh, The Things I'm Going To Do For My Country
6. Variations On A Theme (Guys, I Need A Helicopter)

1. Comin' In Hot With A Side Of Rucker
2. Guys, I Need A Helicopter (Live From V89)
3. Remember That Favorite Game of Yours?
4. Me And My Dad Built Her (Remix)
5. Eastern And Western
6. Shipped To Who?
7. Jacob
8. Not On My Watch

1. He Bit Me
2. I Can't Today I'm On Duty
3. Call Off Your Lapdog
4. Guys, I Need A Helicopter
5. Come On, We Are Talking About You Here

1. You Come Into My House, While I Sleep?
2. It's Been A Long Time Since I Smelled Beautiful
3. I Promise We'll Swing For The Fences
4. I Had A Wrench And I Hit Him
5. Watch Out For This
6. Dude, You Have A Bazooka
7. You Ever Get Punched In The Face For Talking Too Much?
8. Me And My Dad Built Her
9. I Mean Pushups?
10. Not On My Watch
11. Done And Done
12. Comin' In Hot With A Side Of Bacon
13. Half That Money Is Mine And I Want It
14. I Like Being A Millionaire. You Will Too, Believe Me

1. He Bit Me
2. I Can't Today I'm On Duty
3. Call Off Your Lapdog
4. Guys, I Need A Helicopter
5. Come On, We Are Talking About You Here
6. Whose Ship Is This?
7. Oh, The Things I'm Gonna Do For My Country
8. Variations On A Theme (Guys, I Need A Helicopter)
9. Math Is Everywhere
10. I Meant Pushups
11. Me And My Dad Built Her (remix)
12. You Ever Got Punched In The Face For Talking Too Much? (History Invades remix)
13. You Come Into My House, While I Sleep? (Chris Rucker remix)
14. Done And Done (The Dark Romantics remix)

Note: Contains The Crucial EP, select songs from the So Byzantine EP, as well as b-sides and remixes

1. You're Not Afraid Of The Dark, Are You?
2. Don't You Dare
3. I'm Not Guilty But I'm Used To It
4. A Survivors' Code. My Code.

1. Fake Problems - I'm A Ramblin' Man
2. Look Mexico - Brand (You're A Fine Girl)

1. You Stay. I Go. No Following.
2. No Wonder I'm Still Awake
3. Take It Upstairs, Einstein
4. I Live My Life A Quarter Mile At A Time
5. Until The Lights Burn Out
6. They Offered Me A Deal (I Said No, Naturally)
7. Get In There, Brother!
8. They Only Take The Backroads
9. Time For You To Go Down Your Own Thing
10. Just Like Old Times

1. You Hungry? Good Cause You're Saying Grace
2. Arrest? I Don't Feel Like I'm Under Arrest
3. That's Funny Cause It Goes Both Ways
4. Where Were You, Vince?
5. Runnin' Ain't Freedom (You Should Know That)

1. Ride Or Die, Remember?
2. Well, Kansas Ain't What It Used To Be.
3. You're Lucky You Didn't Lose Your Arm
4. I Even Got This Scar To Match
5. Next Time, Send A Limo
6. We Are Groot.
7. Ice? Yeah, You Could Chisel Some Off Your Heart, If You Could Find It.
8. Ok, Ok, I'll Turn Down The Music
9. My Superman Seat-Grab Barrel Roll? I'm Still Working On It.
10. I Was Raised With A Different Kind Of Loyalty, You Know What I Mean. I Vote No. (Remember The Second You Go Through That Door, Everything Changes. Our Old Life Is Done.)
11. That Was The Flame Thrower. Use The Rockets. (digital only)

1 comment: